Women are characters of change..so many of us like to alter our hair color. Well when doing so, you can damage your hair to point of no return. Especially if you have relaxed hair, you must be very careful to care for your color-treated hair. But there is a way to color your hair without the mess of henna and without the worries of chemical box colors such as Bigen and Clairol Natural Instincts. This solution is called a rinse! It is a temporary hair color that is applied as much as the user wants. I strongly suggest Colorshowers Color Rinse, a dominican rinse that can be found at the following link:
I have used Jazzing and Clairol Beautiful and they do not take AT ALL even when using heat and leaving the color on for an extended amount of time. I use Colorshowers in Black and although it costs 20 dollars a bottle, it lasts about a year with prolonged use. This is the method that I take to ensure I have maximum color coverage from Colorshowers:
1. Clarify hair with shampoo: Nexxus Aloe Rid or Organic Root Stimulator Aloe. Then shampoo with moisturizing shampoo: Creme of Nature Dry/Damaged.
2. Apply quickie conditioner then do a rinse with heavily diluted Apple cider vinegar to balance pH out.
3. Apply colorshowers liberally to the hair and put a plastic cap over the hair. Sit underneath a dryer for 20 minutes on high then 10 minutes on medium. Then sit for 20 minutes out of the dryer.
4. Rinse out colorshowers and deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner. I like to use Proclaim Aloe&Shea moisturizing conditioner. Avoid anything with extra virgin olive oil because this will strip your color out. Deep condition for an hour without heat.
5. Rinse out the deep conditioner and style your hair. Your hair should be nicely colored!